– improve flexibility
– increase muscular strength of your: abdominals, low back, hips, and glutes
– help to balance muscular strength on both sides of your body
– enhance muscular control
– lengthens and stretches all the major muscle groups in your body
– improves posture
– relaxes your shoulders, neck and upper back
– safe for rehabilitation of joint and spinal injuries
– increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
– improved concentration
– increased body awareness
– promotes stress management and relaxation
… and the list goes on! Pilates is a challenge for me but the benefits outweigh the pain in my opinion. I personally try to do at least 30 focused minutes at least one time/week. I also like to incorporate Pilates exercises into my clients training sessions.
Here are some shots of me suffering through an Efit30 video from YouTube. Actually it’s really not that bad, just one of my weaknesses. Gotta train the weaknesses!!!