After many attempts of getting the perfect hard boiled egg. I finally nailed it! Place eggs in large pot and cover in water. Bring the water to a boil with lid on. Once boiling lower the heat and let them cook 4-7mins depending on how done you want the yoke. To stop the cooking process run cool water. I shell them immediately and cook enough for the entire work week. No they are not nasty by day 5.
Of course, I also have my oatmeal. No pic. It’s always 1/4 cup plain oats with a packet of stevia and cinnamon. This week I added some pecans. I take with me in travel container. Add 1/2 cup water at work, heat for 1 min, stir and party on!
This is kind of all over the place. I got 2 weeks worth of chicken (5lbs) and turkey (5lbs) and cooked it all at once, froze 1/2 for the following week. Made the chicken marinades while I was on the phone with a friend, going to do the best I can to remember what I put in them. Put the chicken in a big zip lock and add your ingredients, shake it up, and let it sit for a couple hours. When your ready to cook bake it at 350 for 35-45mins. So easy! These marinades sat overnight because life gets busy and sometimes you gotta split up your meal prep time. Get done a little at a time. It becomes part of your lifestyle the more you do it!
- Marinade 1: lime, mexican seasonings: cumin, chili powder, garlic, sea salt. Y’all I’m not totally sure thats what I used but you can play with it! Be creative….
- bell peppers: used same mexican seasoning minus the lime. Sauteed them as pictured below.
- Marinade 2: lemon, salt, pepper, oregano. SO basic and my go to for chicken. Made a salad with some fresh veggies I had. Cut and froze the rest for the following week and ate with whatever frozen veggies were in the freezer.
- Browned half of the meat. Ended up mixing it stuff I had left over from last week. I literally throw whatever I have in the skillet and mix it all up and its yum! Like sloppy joe style if you’re picking up what I’m throwin down… I used: Tomato sauce, spinach, fresh tomatoes, minced garlic, italian seasonings, cauliflower rice.
- Turkey burgers with other half of the meat. Again mix stuff together, this time make patties, then bake 350 about 15/20min each side. I used some staples I usually have on hand: parm, italian bread crumbs and seasoning, minced garlic, and sea salt. Froze them for following week.
I LOVE fish, all kinds! Usually bake it cause I’m not fancy enough to pan sear it. You have to keep an eye on that, I like to put it in the oven and lay on the couch while it cooks, if we’re being honest!
- Cod. brush with this mix: lemon, ginger, stevia, olive oil. Baked it from frozen whatever the package said.
- Roasted broccoli. Brushed with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. Bake at 425ish whatever the fish is on for about 30min. So easy!!!
- Salmon. brush with: olive oil, salt, pepper. basic. bake at 400 about 12-15min
- frozen beans: heat in microwave. I seasoned with salt (like a dash gotta watch the sodium. Buy low or no sodium options if possible) and pepper and balsamic vinegar, and dash of oil.
- roasted red potatoes. cut them in quarters. In big mixing bowl toss with oil (not a lot about 3tbsp for 6/7 med potatoes, like the salt easy on the oil), rosemary, salt. bake on cooking sheet at 400 about 30-50min depending how crispy you like them!
I don’t have pics but will list some snacks I had throughout the day….
- greek yogurt
- protein smoothies with frozen fruit and almond butter